Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Rise of Our Robot Overlords.

We got a strange call this morning. After I said "hello," there was a pause -- just like the pause that accompanies one of those telemarketer autodialer machines that then proceeds to play back a pre-recorded sales pitch. Except, instead of a sales pitch, I heard the robotic female voice say, "I'm sorry" and hang up.

Did the machine actually know it had dialed a wrong number, and apologize?

The automatons are taking over the world, my friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about st louis cardinals these days. I have just started my Latest st louis cardinals news blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again